It’s unfortunate that we have to warn the Randburg community of a recent increase in theft of mag wheels and tyres.
Even cars with alarm systems are vulnerable as experienced thieves can get the wheels off your car in minutes, leaving your vehicle on bricks and incapable of being driven. We’ve compiled a few helpful tips for you to prevent possible damage to your vehicle.
- Park your car in a closed garage or secure area whenever you can.
- Install alarm outdoor sensors in and around the parking area.
- Park where there are surveillance cameras whenever possible.
- Turn your wheels when parking. This makes the wheels harder to remove because they get stuck in the wheel well. The car’s steering column lock makes it difficult for the thieves to turn the wheels forward again without a key in the ignition.
- Use wheel locks on each wheel, including your spare. The locks fit on each wheel and make the lug nuts extremely difficult to remove without a key.
For more safety tips, visit trojansecurity.co.za or contact us on (011) 792 0738 for a non-obligatory assessment of your security needs.